HONORARY TEAM MANAGER, DIVISIONAL U18s XV
North of England Divisional U18s are looking to appoint an Honorary Team Manager for the 2020/21 programme.
REPORTS TO: Honorary Team Manager, National U18s Delivery Team.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Divisional U18s Management Team, RFU staff, CB U18s representatives, Chairman Divisional Player Development.
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
Lead the Counties U18s Divisional Delivery Team, Coaching Staff, Chairman of Selectors, Medical Staff to achieve the objectives of the Counties U18s programme within the Division.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives achieved for the England Counties U18s at Divisional level by providing a development programme for players, managers, coaches and sports medical staff outside of the Premiership & Championship.
- Lead and manage relevant Counties U18s Divisional Delivery Team in accordance with its Terms of Reference that guides national, divisional & CB representative rugby provision to identify talented players outside of the elite pathway.
- Manage the delivery of the Divisional selection process within the budget provided and in line with the policies laid down by the National Delivery Team.
- Manage the delivery of the U18s Divisional Team and playing programme including match preparation, travel, equipment, medical support, insurance and media liaison.
- Liaise with the National Team Manager to ensure that the National Development Weekend accommodation, logistics, playing facilities and equipment is in line with the policies laid down by the Player Development Sub-Committee and Aspirational Management Group.
- Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union and act within accordance of the Core Values of the sport.
- Attend the meetings of the National Delivery Team to assist with the development & delivery of the England Counties U18s programme.
- Facilitate an annual review of the programme and appraisal of staff providing a report to the Manager of the National Delivery Team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Will complete the RFU Headcase online learning and Play it Safe workshop before or upon appointment
- A current RFU DBS certificate will be required once appointed.
- Self-motivated, committed, enthusiastic to player development and rugby union. Is able to lead & manage people and create a positive working environment for players and volunteers.
- Punctual, reliable and personally well organised.
- Ability to communicate with a range of people.
- Management experience of rugby teams at county or divisional levels.
- Commitment to the RFU’s aspirational programme and player pathway.
- Sets high standards of personal accountability and responsibility for the players and management team.
- The post holder is accountable to the Honorary Team Manager, National U18s Delivery Team for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above. The post holder may delegate to the management team, as necessary, any task whilst retaining accountability and responsibility.
The term for the position is 2 years subject to annual review, with a further two years by mutual consent.
Applications in writing, together with a Rugby CV, should be sent to Andrew Rickard firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications is Saturday 21st December 2019. Interviews to take place Thursday 2nd January 2020 (time and venue to be confirmed)
For further information and/or an informal discussion please contact:
England Counties U18s Assistant Team Manager