Alnwick RFC are a well-established community rugby club based in the Northumberland. The clubs 1st team are currently in the Northern Division – North Premier League. We run 3 senior men’s sides, a senior lady’s team, and a colts side along with a mini rugby section for all age groups. The club is well supported both financially and socially by local people which has produced the strong foundation on which it has been built!
Having had 2 very good home-grown player coaches over the last 6 years who have bought a lot of change and success to the club we are now looking to get a player/coach or head coach from outside the club to inject some new ideas and inspiration to help progress the club further!
All the players at the club are amateur and there is an atmosphere second to none! Training on a Tuesday/Thursday nights will average at about 30 people, and there has been up to 50, while all 4 teams socialise and integrate well together forming an excellent club atmosphere!
- UKCC Level 2 accredited or above.
- The ability to plan, organise and deliver structured training sessions every Tuesday and Thursday nights and be available to manage the 1st XV on a Saturday.
- The ability to identify areas of improvement to key skill sets and set out plans to develop, both the squad and individual attributes at all playing levels of the club.
- Be able to set clear goals for both the team and individuals.
- Previous coaching experience at a similar or higher level of rugby.
- The ability to train large groups of 20-40 at regular training sessions.
- Provide post-match analysis and constructive debriefs.
- Strong character with interpersonal skills and organisational skills.
- Strong understanding of all areas of the game.
If you would like to apply for the role please email, email@example.com with your contact details and CV if you have one.
Andrew R Bell
Chairman Of Rugby