Copy of mail sent to lead coaches 28.03.18
County Festival Weekend - 8th April - U6 & U7's at Morpeth RFC
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Morpeth RFC for the County Festival on 8th April. We have 14 clubs bringing their U6 &U7’s teams and approximately 300 kids, so it promises to be carnage but fun!
I have set below the plan for the day and if there are any queries then please ask. My contact details are below:
- Games will start at 10:30am, so we would ask everybody to arrive between 9:45am and 10:15am so we get a prompt start.
- We will have a coaches briefing at 10:15 am in front of the clubhouse to make sure everyone understands the format.
- There will be a £2 charge per car on entry. Each car will get a programme with the fixture list in and pitch layout etc (this just covers the printing cost and use of school carpark).
- Refreshments will be available on the day in the club house and a couple of stalls around the pitches for convenience.
- The U7’s games will be on the 2 pitches in front of the club house.
- The U6 fun day will be on Pitch 3 across the road. They will do a series of activities such as assault course, rugby golf, rob the nest etc. We would ask coaches to help out on the day.
- We will have pitch marshal’s coordinating the U7’s games, but would ask coaches to referee their own games.
- Flash the Falcon will hopefully be joining us and the County have said they will be providing medals for the day.
- We should be finished by 12:30/1pm.
Morpeth RFC address/Directions.
Morpeth Rugby Football Club
Grange House Field
There will be car parking at the main club car park for coaches (not the bus type!), but we would ask all parents and other people attending to park at Newminster Middle School, which is next door to the club. We will have people directing them on the day.
I would appreciate if you could inform parents of this and pass the details on to other U6 & U7’s coaches in your clubs who I may have missed off the e-mail.
Have a good Easter and we look forward to seeing you next weekend.