New Government Regulations (General Data Protection Regulations – GDPR) comes into force on 25/5/2018. Northumberland RFU is fully committed to compliance with these regulations and our Policy can be found on our website at:
What personal information do we collect?
We collect and process data from you or your Parent/Guardian, your company/business as a supplier/sponsor to NRFU, your Club and/or School as a member of NRFU, the RFU or WR (as governing bodies for rugby), as an employee of NRFU or as a customer of NRFU
The data we collect may include:
- Name (individual or business)
- Date of Birth
- RFU ID (as assigned by RFU GMS)
- Address, email address, phone number
- Passport and NI details
- Membership type
- Team, Club, School, Committee membership
- DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service check)
- Bank account/payment details
- Medical conditions or disability (with your/your Parent/Guardian’s consent)
- Training and qualifications
- Health & Safety
Who do we share your data with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party.
However, in order some limited information may be shared within the rugby community such as RFU, WR, Clubs, Schools, Referees, match organisers so that they can maintain appropriate information for the running of the game.
Additionally, NRFU will comply with Government and Law Enforcement as so required for legitimate purposes in compliance with applicable laws.
What rights do you have?
You have the right to:
- To have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way
- Access and request a copy of your personal data
- To correct, amend, restrict or delete the use of any of your data
- Restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data
More information about your rights are in the guidance form the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
you also have the right to complain about our use of your personal data to the ICO. You can do this by contacting the ICO through their website;
Security and retention of your personal data.
The security of your data is take very seriously and we have implemented controls and policies to keep your data is secure and we keep these measures under regular review.
We use encryption techniques for highly sensitive data and password protection meaning that your data is only accessible by authorised personnel who need it to carry out their work.
Also, physical access to our building is controlled as is access to storage facilities.
Retention of your data.
This Policy will be reviewed and updated for time to time with the latest version available on our web site.